Federal Interior Minister Chaudhary Nisar confirmed that the pro-Qadri protesters camped at D-Chowk have agreed to disperse after verbal agreement. Nisar, however said there has been no written agreement with the protesters.
According to reports, a seven-point verbal agreement between government and Ullema representing the pro-Qadri protesters in D-Chowk has been reached. The seven points are as follows:
‘1. All arrested during the sit-in will be released.
2. All cases against various Ullema will be reevaluated.
3. Section 295-C of Pakistan’s Blasphemy Law will neither be changed nor reevaluated.
4. No person involved in blasphemy will be spared.
5. Ministry of religious affairs will be told about the implications of Nizam-e-Mustafa (SAW).
6. The schedule list will be evaluated and the names of innocent will be extracted from the list.
7. All cases against protestors will be annulled’